Pharmacy Technical Assistant
- Assists pharmacists to maintain inventories of medications and prescription records of the medications.
- Ensure the information on the prescription is accurate and create client databases.
Ensuring the prescriptions is valid and has come via a valid and authenticated
source. Compounds solutions, ointments and creams.
- Billing directly and manually to the third parties.
- Help maintain a proper workflow.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone;
answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine
inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and
expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders
and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous
solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Minimum 1 year of experience to work as an assistant or an intern in a pharmacy.
- Must be familiar with the drug names.
- Must be a good team player and should be able to follow directions.
- Must be able to work with accuracy in a fast pace environment.
- The salary offered for this position is $ 15-18/ hour based on experience and will
be assessed yearly based on performance.
- Paid 3 weeks vacation
- Medical, Dental, Short term and Long Term disability (optional)
Please contact Cheetham's Pharmacy for more details:
We love our customers, so feel free to visit during normal business hours.
514 Queen Street, Saskatoon, SK S7K 0M5, CA
09:00 am – 05:00 pm
Copyright © 2018 Cheetham's Pharmacy - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Firebird Business Consulting Ltd.